Thursday 11 May 2017

Skills and Branding Audit

This will identify skills and interests that I have built up and those I need to develop as well as consider your approach to your professional identity

The skills i have gained while working on this project, include working with others that i wouldnt necessarily work with in day to day life. This has helped me because when it comes to family and portrait photography i will be photographing people i dont know, so this has widely helped me gain in confidence. 
Another skill i have gained while working on this project, is finding natural leading lines and frames within my work, which adds to the overall affect making the viewer look at what they are supposed to  look at. 

One interest i have gained within this project is the use of polariods and film photography, while i am still getting to grips with using the polariods, i have fallen back in love with the aspect of analogue and the anticipation of whether my images will turn out or not. 

the skills i need to develope further come with the technical aspects of photography, unless im using a prime lens i can never quite tell what settings my camera needs to be on, or whether my images are at the correct exposure for what i want. I need to develop my knowledge and maybe start using a light meter in future to aid in this. 

I have learned that my professional identity lies in the candid, natural/ follow me around images, images that capture a persons true nature, rather than the posed aspects of a studio shoot. I have found using a prime lens has also helped to add to the intimate candid moments i live to capture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment