Wednesday 5 October 2016

How I intend to approach the landscape brief

In all honesty, I’m not really sure how I am going to approach the landscape brief. I know I plan to link the 3 parts of the brief by using the same shallow depth of field and softness that I plan to use when photographing the other part of the brief.

In my still life images, I am going to photograph flowers and the memories that can sometimes surround them. So I will also try and incorporate them into the landscape portion of my brief as well as the portraits I create. I will try to create the softness intended by shooting through plastic as well as maybe using a prime lens. Another technique might be to smear Vaseline onto my lens whilst shooting, that way I can create the outcome I intend to achieve.

I think I am going to incorporate flowers in my landscapes by maybe photographing a bouquet laying on the ground in the foreground of the shot, having it as the focus with the background being out of focus, creating a question in the reader’s mind as to why the bouquet is there? How it got there? And who put it there? It will be obvious to some people that I, as the photographer may have put it there but also there is that air of doubt that maybe someone else did it.


Even though Carol Sharpe is a still life flower photographer, I want to use the same kind of techniques that she has used, because hers is a style that appeals to me more than other photographers, and I would like to do more research into finding some photographers that use the same kind of soft style in their landscapes to back up my own images and show the research I need to obtain the grade that I want, in order to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment