Wednesday 5 October 2016

One - to - One with Ellen



I found my one - to - one with Ellen yesterday, was very helpful. We talked through my initial ideas and Ellen even gave me some new ones on how to approach the other areas of the brief.
She started off by noting down everything that appealed to me about Carol Sharpes work "Softness, Staged, Pastel, Shallow Depth of Field, Simple"  
Ellen then noted down the kind of lens I should be using to get the kind of effect I wanted: Prime Lens 1.4 
She suggested the idea of Cataloguing - Ideas of what flowers mean to certain people. 
Memories that relate the flowers to different Peoples lives. 

Photographers that Ellen suggested to me were
Laura Makabresku for her use of flowers in portraits 
and
Vivienne Mok for her soft imagery

We also looked at Anna Atkins as someone different to look at. she creates a completely different style of photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment