Tuesday 4 October 2016

The New Brief 27-Sept-16


Our new brief started yesterday (26-Sept-16) but we were briefed officially by James Cant today (27-09-16). 
I am feeling quite confident about this new brief compared to maybe last years briefs because of what they actually involve.
For this brief, we have to take 4 landscapes, 4 portraits and 4 still lifes as well as a moving image piece.
While I say I'm quite confident there are some criteria that I am worried about, such as, the Still life images. 
When it comes to still life I am a complete novice, I have no idea what I am supposed to do with it or how to photograph them. 
When we were doing still lifes in workshops last year I didn't connect with the work, it just wasn't something I was interested in. 
This yeah I'm going to try and connect with it, I will try doing some test shoots at home in a controlled environment and then go into the studio fully prepared with what I need to do and how I'm going to go about doing it.
The second thing I am not too comfortable with is the moving image piece we have to create. 
Moving image Isn't something I've had experience with. I did a media A-Level but that isn't really something that is involved unless moving image is the same as film... I think I need to do more research into this before I go any further on that one... 
Portraits and Landscapes are mediums I have worked in before and I am quite confident I can produce work to a high standard within these areas 

No comments:

Post a Comment